Help deliver Democracy and make money doing it. Citizen's make the voting process work!
Be paid while serving your community. You can be a precinct election official.
What do election officials do?
· Administer the voting process at the polls
· Set up and close the polling place
· Validate voter's eligibility to vote
· Give voters proper instruction for voting
· Distribute ballots to voters
· Assist voters with special needs
What do election officials get?
· Hourly wage
· Mileage reimbursement
· Flexible placement
· Short-term obligation
· Satisfaction from helping voting process work.
Requirements of an election official poll worker:
· Be registered to vote
· Attend a school of instruction
· Work one hour before the polls open and until close
· Be at the polling site for the duration of the election.
If you are interested in becoming a poll worker, contact the Auditor’s office at 712-623-5127 or email@example.com